Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Using Copy Fill in Microsoft Word to Create Random Text

As a designer, I often create the layout before writing the text. At one time, I just typed random letters while hitting the space bar every so often to fill an area with text. This is a waste of time.
Microsoft Word has a convenient feature to create random text call ‘copy fill.’ Copy fill allows you to generate text so you can see what your page layout looks like with text.

To generate copy fill:

1. Open up Microsoft Word
2. Type the following code in the new Word document: =rand(x,x)

a. Substitute the first x with the number of paragraphs you want to generate
b. Substitute the second x with the number sentences you want in each paragraph
3. Hit Enter

Simply cut or copy the copy fill and paste it into your layout.

5 comments:

  1. wow!!! awesome...hmmmm...i will do it...i love ur blog very educational...n very informative full of tips...i wonder did u check ur google page rank this must be high..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My neighbour said me about tool which recover word files.And I advised for her-corrupted docx file.Because tool helped me very easy in like situation and composed it without payment.Moreover tool showed how help you and recover your damaged files in Microsoft Word format.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the best. Thanks for this useful information for my desktop publishing class!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today I was in the network and saw there a lot of good tools.But in some hours I opened doc file and it was empty.Fortunately I remembered one of those tools and used it-cannot read docx file.Program made up my mind in 30 seconds and free of cost.Besides I saw how it repair unreadable Word documents, when cannot read docx file.

    ReplyDelete